WHO WE ARE
For 30 years, Samaritan Counseling Center of Albuquerque (SCC) has integrated medical, spiritual, and community resources to help people in Central New Mexico find wholeness and healing. We provide professional psychological counseling, testing, education, and outreach programs in English and Spanish to individuals, families, and children. The Center works closely with other agencies and programs in the community to provide a coordinated system of care, with a particular commitment to serving poor, uninsured people in order to foster self- sufficiency, family stability, and life satisfaction.
Our Staff and Programs are Uniquely Excellent
• We provide professional personalized services that exceed expectations
Focus on Wholeness
• We believe in unifying and investing in the renewal of the mind, body and spirit
Strive to be Inclusive
• Ensuring our actions are accepting and honoring of all individuals and communities
• Support well-being by making connections and working collaboratively
• We treat each client as the center of our concern, each colleague as a friend, and the community as our home
The vice-president/clinical director is appointed by the president/CEO to lead and manage clinical services. These include counseling/therapy, consultation, clinical staffing, case conferences, record-keeping, training and staff supervision. The vp/clinical director is a member of the leadership team of the Center.
• Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in clinical psychology
• A minimum of 7 years post-doctoral experience
• Independently licensed in psychology
• Ability and willingness to develop and cultivate his/her own caseload by representing the Center in the community and relating to referral sources
• Experience in integrating spirituality and psychotherapy
• Ability to work effectively with religious leaders, congregations, and other community sponsors and resource persons
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in Spanish
How to Apply
• To apply please submit the following:
Signed affirmation of adherence to your Professional Code of Ethics
Answers to the following questions (two page limit)
• Please describe your preferred theoretical approach and your experience implementing this approach.
• How do you integrate spirituality into your work? What barriers, if any, might you foresee for yourself in working in a spirituality-based counseling program?
Submit a complete application to:
• ATTN: Clinical Director Position – Samaritan@samaritancc.com
• PDF documents preferred